Take notice that an Annual and Special Meeting of the Members of Restaurants Canada will be held, by electronic means, at 12:30 pm EST on the 30th day of March, 2023 to conduct the following business:
- Approve By-law amendments. A copy of the resolution to be passed at the meeting along with a copy of the by-law (for reference purposes only) are attached hereto as Appendix “B”
- Present the 2022 financial statements;
- Re-appointment of the public accountant of Restaurants Canada for the 2023 fiscal year, as more particularly provided for in the resolution attached hereto as Appendix “C”;
- Present the annual report of the Chair;
- Present the nominations to the Restaurants Canada board of directors; and
- Elect the directors of Restaurants Canada, as more particularly provided for in the resolution attached hereto as Appendix “D”.
Note that it is expected that all attendees will be attending via electronic means. For this purpose, please register online by clicking here no later than 17:00 EST 23rd March 2023, indicating the voting member participant name and the email address that will be used on the day of the meeting. This participation list will be used to confirm quorum and entitlement to attend and vote. Meeting connection details will be distributed closer to the date following registration.
Detailed materials related to the above may be accessed below, or by contacting Restaurants Canada at 1-800-387-5649.
Members who are organizations are required to submit a valid proxy to Restaurants Canada to confirm the individual entitled to vote on behalf of the organization at the meeting. A form of that proxy is enclosed with this notice as Appendix “A”.